To build a rich, collaborative artistic community that enhances the social fabric of our community.
To Foster creativity and build community through visual arts.
The Collective is dedicated to providing a nurturing environment for artists at all levels of their creative journey; encouraging community participation in arts through education and outreach; and, serving as a vital creative resource and hub for local visual arts.
Values: Creativity, Collaboration, Community, Culture
- To recognize and foster the creative potential in everyone
-To use visual arts as a means for self-discovery and expression, learning, understanding, communicating, and teaching
- To encourage and empower individuals to make meaningful contributions to society and increase the quality of life through visual arts and creative expression
- To employ a collaborative approach to inform our leaders and leadership, our members, programs, and our engagement with the community
- To offer professional development and other support for established and emerging visual artists
- To respect the range of perspectives that individuals and groups bring in pursuing and achieving our mission
- To engage more local and surrounding community members in the visual arts
- To make visual arts accessible to all
- To offer educational programs and activities which strengthen the community and, in turn, strengthen us (by the community’s participation in, and response to, our programs)
- To elevate appreciation for the value that visual arts bring to the local economy and quality of life of our community
- Foster positive attitudes, collaborative spirits, and solution-oriented mindsets
- To promote long-term memberships, turn colleagues into friends, and cultivate a supportive environment
- To offer positive and fun ways for people to get together for personal and professional development (during and after Gallery hours)
- To encourage participation, recognize the importance of all contributions, and celebrate wins
- To make our leaders available and accessible
The Collective has established an elevated, multi-discipline visual arts gallery–operated by its dedicated members of the Route 22 Artist Collective Ltd. Behind the gallery display space is an Arts Makerspace intended to provide arts programming for all ages. The Route 22 Artist Collective Ltd. Gallery is located at Unit 18, 312 5th Ave (Grand Central Town Square Mall) in Cochrane.
The arts play a huge role in building healthy communities and maintaining mental wellness. The Covid-19 crisis has brought this to the forefront and further illuminated the importance of art in helping people cope in the current difficult times. The arts connect, nourish and sustain us on a fundamental human level.
Now more than ever, it is important to support the growth and health of our local arts scene. We could not be more proud of our grassroots Collective and the Route 22 Artist Collective Ltd. Gallery. We sincerely hope you will join us on our journey.
As part of our new re-opening, we are seeking supporters of all kinds to join in making this venture a successful and sustainable reality for Cochrane.
We want your art! If you are a local artist, we would LOVE to hear from you. Contact us at email@example.com to learn about becoming a member of our Collective.
Our broad definition of “local”, includes artists from surrounding areas. If you know a local artist, please spread the word. Year-round opportunities are available for artists to present artwork for jury, display, and sale in the Gallery.
Join our exceptional artistic community and enjoy creative collaborations and many educational opportunities.
SPONSORS & PATRONS OF THE ARTS
We need your support. In return for your financial support, you will be recognized in our Gallery media.
We sincerely appreciate any dollar amount or support in kind, that you can provide.
You can take pride in knowing that you are helping to build the Arts Culture in our town for the benefit of all.